Thursday, September 3, 2015

Post Mastectomy: Day 2

Today was a rough day. I was extremely sore, extremely tired, and extremely restless, although I couldn't find anything I wanted to do. The day seemed interminable as I lay around doing nothing, popping hydrocodones, lamenting the fact that the recovery from the reconstruction is going to be 10 times worse than this one, and waiting for the pathology report from my surgery (no news yet). Eventually I settled on watching various things on TV and coloring in an adult coloring book a friend sent me in a care package. It was such a blah day. I keep trying to tell myself I just had surgery two days ago and it's okay to lie around doing nothing, but it still makes me feel gross.

My pain level is at its worst, as the feeling in my chest has begun to return, and I'm trying to move around more. The pain is not unbearable, just uncomfortable. I also seem to be getting a cold. At first I just thought it was allergies, but now it seems more like a virus. My nose is running, I've been sneezing all day (which hurts), and my throat hurts.

Tomorrow I have a post-surgery appointment with Dr. L in the morning, and a pre-surgery appointment with Dr. T in the afternoon. I'm almost looking forward to them, just so I can get out of the house and do something. Meanwhile, I'm still praying for clean margins, for Dr. T, and for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment