Monday, August 7, 2017

Four Weeks Post-Arthroscopy, Three Weeks Post-PAO

So wow, it has been four weeks since my hip arthroscopy and three weeks since my PAO. It just goes to show that time doesn't only fly when you're having fun. It also flies when you're miserable and bored out of your frickin mind. I feel like I've lost an entire month of my life to doing absolutely nothing. This has hands down been the dullest, most uneventful rehab in the history of all rehabs/bedrests I've gone through, which is not a ton, but also not a trivial number, either. I'm not motivated to do anything, really. I've done minimal TV-watching, minimal reading, pretty much zero of all of the things you'd think one might do when one is largely couch bound (e.g., knitting, coloring, writing, Tetris-playing, etc.), to the extent that I'm like WHAT IN THE HELL AM I DOING ALL DAY LONG?! And the answer is: nothing. I pretty much do nothing all day long. Maybe I'm depressed or something? Is that possible? I'm not a person who usually does nothing. And my sixth-grade teacher taught us that you should never be bored. If you are bored, it is your own fault for not having an inquisitive and imaginative enough mind. So there you go. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

I'm not even inspired to write this entry, I just feel like I should because of the whole four week/three week mark and all. And I'm not doing anything else. LOL. But really, what is there to write about? Nothing. In the past, I've been determined to get all the details down, but now I just feel like one big giant blob of blaaaaaaah. I think part of me still doesn't believe this is actually happening.

Okay, so in fairness to myself, it's not as bad as I'm making it sound. I have done some stuff whilst laid up, it just doesn't feel noteworthy at all like it has in the past. Plus, in my normal life, there are a lot of things I'd love to do that I just don't have time for anymore that I could be doing now. I'm disappointed in myself that I haven't cherished this time and worked on some of these things. Instead, I just sit around and complain that I'm bored. I just HATE this feeling! HATE it!

But, maybe I need to be easier on myself? Like Christian said. Then again, maybe the reason I'm such a LOSER UNDERACHIEVER is because I spend too much time being easy on myself.

So alright, it has been four weeks/three weeks, so I'll use this entry to officially end my period of doing nothing and going easy on myself. Time to kick some ass. :)

1 comment:

  1. There's never anything wrong with doing nothing...even if it's a bored or frustrated nothing. Like junk food! Idk. You'll get back to other things when you're ready. Go easier on yourself, I'm with C. This is a big deal man! Takes more out of the body than you realize I'm sure! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete