Thursday, September 25, 2014

Obviously work is the problem. (11 Weeks + 3 Days)

The good news: My leg feels a lot better, which I hope means my blood clot is gone, or at least going away. Aside from remembering to take my Xarelto every morning, I rarely think about DVT anymore.

The bad news: My hip pain is back. With a vengeance. Ugh. No matter how many people tell me I just have to be patient, it just doesn't feel right. I feel like it is way too long after surgery to still be feeling this much pain.

Today at PT, I was explaining to AJ how I went hiking over the weekend and felt great, but that the pain returned midday on Monday, after my first class. He replied definitively, 'I know what the problem is!' Even though he has never even really tried to give me an explanation for any of the problems I've presented to him over the past 10 weeks, I was actually stupid enough to believe him. LOL. After all, even my new therapist - who is actually a PT Assistant - suggested maybe it had something to do with hiking and then sitting in a car for so long. My own idea is that it is the effects of the cortisone wearing off already.

However, AJ went on to say, 'Obviously work is the problem!'

I had to laugh at that one. He may be on to something. But I'll save that discussion for my other blog.

Just for the record, my current pain is very specific. It is the combination of flexing my hip, bending my leg, and putting weight on it, that is killing me. Examples of activities that require this combination of motions: going up stairs, going down stairs, getting into my car, sitting down, standing up, and bending over. Interestingly enough, I was able to do a fair amount of exercises at PT today without much pain because none of them required all three of these motions together.

I know I sound like a broken record, but ohmygosh when is this going to end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment