Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Best Laid Plans

I don't actually have words to describe what the last 24 hours have been like, but to make a long story short, after all my anticipation, nothing is happening tomorrow.

Apparently Dr. T hurt his eye and can't see out of it.

After a ridiculously hellish day today, and I do mean RIDICULOUSLY HELLISH, I've rescheduled the mastectomy to happen in town, with Dr. L, on September 1st. Supposedly the reconstruction is happening a week later, on September 8th. I won't hold my breath, though.

I'm still waiting to wake up from this bizarre dream.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the complete turmoil all your plans have been in :(. What are the freaking odds he would get an EYE injury? That SUCKS. I'm so glad you were at least able to reschedule the mastectomy and at least don't have to drive to Denver for that now, but i hope the reconstruction actually pans out on the 8th. How annoying and FRUSTRATING to have this process keep getting longer and longer though :(

    On a side note, your haircut is awesome! I love it!

    Hopefully this will all be over SOON! -kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god dearest.

    I'm so incredibly sorry. What an unbelievable turn of events and what a horribly unfair path, given the crap you have already waded through on this journey.

    NO HE DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

    I seriously cannot believe this.

    I'm a little confused - you're just going to still do the same reconstruction, but in two different surgeries? Or is this two different surgeries entirely from the first one?

    Regardless, I am so, so, so incredibly sorry. For all of this. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the originally surgery was supposed to be the mastectomy followed by reconstruction, all at once, on the same day. Now I've just split it into two different surgeries, which basically prolongs the recovery, just because normally the recovery time for the mastectomy would be wrapped into the recovery time from the reconstruction. But yes, supposedly I'm doing the same reconstruction as I had originally planned.

      Delete
    2. OK - I am thankful for this part, at least, that you will be getting the reconstruction you want. Still...whoa.

      Delete