Thursday, October 9, 2014

Book Club Redux (13 Weeks + 3 Days)

I've mentioned that I'm in a book club, and I really look forward to my monthly book club meetings with fellow working moms, who also look forward to this one night a month where putting the kids to bed becomes the sole responsibility of the dad. As someone tonight said, 'It's really more like a drinking club with a book problem.' LOL.

Somehow book club seems to have fallen into the same schedule as my visits with the orthopedist: book club on Thursday night, orthopedist on Friday. At the last book club, I was also anticipating a meeting with my orthopedist the following day. Looking back, I think I've improved somewhat since the last book club. In fact, I'm having a fairly good hip week, and I'm sort of torn as to how to go about with my appointment tomorrow. On the one hand, I'm happy that I've been feeling better for the past few days. On the other hand, the few minutes that I get with my orthopedist every now and then are few and far between, and I feel like he should know about the horrendous pain I've been having for the past three weeks. I realize that perhaps I could actually be getting better (which would be awesome), but... what if I'm not? What if I'm just having a good few days, the same way I was having a good day when I saw him two weeks post surgery and he failed to diagnose my blood clot because I was having a good day?

I feel as if I tell my orthopedist that I've been feeling better, that is all he will hear. He will just take that as a sign that I'm getting better, and that will be the end of it. And while I HOPE that's the case, I don't want to waste my precious minutes (especially at approximately $80/minute) on him telling me that everything is going to be just fine.

Ah, dilemmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment