Tuesday, October 20, 2015

DIEP Reconstruction Aftermath: 6 Weeks

The lyrics that keep flying through my head are It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine! 

Okay, so maybe it isn't the end of the world as we know it, but it's at least the end of my world as I know it. And... I FEEL FINE! Like, really, I feel great! I'm not even sure if I feel great considering, you know, I have cancer and all that jazz, or I just feel legitimately great. It's probably somewhere in between. Whatever, I'll take it. Seriously, I was so depressed and so stressed out for so long that any time I have a feel-good period, I'll take it. And dude, I'm on a medication that I was afraid was going to make me suicidal or homicidal or at the very least make everyone around me want to kill me, but... like I said. I feel FINE! (And no one has killed me so far.) Maybe when you're a jerk to begin with, medication that makes normal people super jerkwady actually makes you a better person. Who knows?

At any rate, I am going on a road trip with my family tomorrow, after I go to the dreaded BRA Day event. I'm looking forward to it. Not the BRA Day event, but the road trip. It's one of those things that is pretty much happening just because I have cancer and am not working this semester. Yay cancer.

Other than the above blather, there is no reason for this post other than to say that six weeks post-DIEP, I feel really good, and really happy. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Have fun on your road trip, and good luck at BRA Day. Seriously though, I know you aren't looking forward to BRA Day but I think that there are many people out there who will appreciate and benefit from hearing your perspective and experiences these past several months. So glad you're feeling good!!!!

    ReplyDelete