Monday, May 18, 2015

Lumpectomy

What a dumb word. I hate it, just like the work bunion. What hideous terms.

Anyway, this will probably be fairly short because the pain from the surgery was really a lot worse than I expected, and I'm on a lot of pain meds. I feel sort of drunk, but at least the room has stopped spinning. When I got home, I was so tired, but I really couldn't sleep deeply because of the spinning. I'm hoping that the crappiness I'm feeling now is due to fatigue, and that a good night's sleep (if I can manage one) will help.

So I survived, obviously. The surgery went well, I think. At least there weren't any unpleasant surprises, and now we're just waiting on the pathology report to determine the future treatment. I'll write a detailed post tomorrow - think of this as a trailer - but I just wanted to let you all know I'm doing well and feeling pretty positive. Thank you so much for your continued thoughts; it means so much to me.

1 comment: