Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Post Lumpectomy: Day 2

I am feeling a lot better today, as if a fog has lifted. I took my last pain pill around 4:00 yesterday. I was tempted to take another one last night, but instead opted for half of an Ambien. It was a good decision. The pain when I move my arm is still pretty intense, but I fashioned my old graduation hood into a sling to give my arm a rest, and Dr. L assured me via e-mail that the pain is normal. As long as there is not excessive swelling, it's okay. (Should I trust her?)

So I'm just sort of sitting around today, in that anxious state of feeling much better, but not good enough to really do anything, and therefore not really wanting to look good enough that it appears like I should be doing something other than sitting around. I did, however, take a shower today (hurray - it has been 48 hours!), put on semi-real clothes, and manage to put my contacts in (which wasn't easy). This afternoon I will be accompanying my husband and kids to gymnastics lessons. My husband will be driving, but has a teleconference that starts in the middle of their lessons, so I will go along to help herd cats once they get out of their lessons and he is on his teleconference trying to hide the fact that he is at gymnastics lessons with his kids. I think I can handle this small task, plus it will be good to get out of the house. Hopefully. Unless my son has one of his Mother Of All Meltdowns, which is a realistic possibility. 

In other news, Dr. L also said via e-mail that she was expecting the pathology report back from my tumor today, and that she would call me as soon as she got it. The good news is that I actually believe her, because she has been very good about calling me STAT with results, and when I sent her an e-mail this morning about my pain and when to expect results, she replied within a few minutes. The bad news is that if she does call me today, it's looking like it is going to be at a bad time (bad = lots of other people around), unless she calls within the next ten minutes. Oh well. It will only be really bad if it's bad news, so I guess I can just hope for good news. 

Imagine that, hoping for good news. 

3 comments:

  1. Hoping for good news. Oxox send me a txt if you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for good news!!! Glad you're feeling a bit more like yourself today. And is today your book club? If so, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the surgery went smoothly and you're improving. Please let us know the results of the pathology report as soon as you're able.

    ReplyDelete