Thursday, June 4, 2015

The good news is...

... that Dr. L called yesterday while I was roaming through Kmart while my kids were at gymnastics.

And...

... she said that the results of my oncotype had come back and that my tumor was a '13,' which is low risk, and therefore I will not need to do chemo.

!!!

So, that is awesome, awesome news that I should have shared yesterday, but I was fully entrenched in whining about my parents, and did not want this bit of Best News Ever to get lost in my self-pity and pissiness.

Also, I forgot to to mention that we talked with Dr. M about going on vacation, and he was 100% a-okay with it. So, it looks like we are going, which is also awesome, because I think getting away will do me a world of good. And knowing that I don't have to come back and go through chemo will make it even better. I guess this is the silver lining to needing a second surgery.

And speaking of needing a vacation, I have to go up to work in a few minutes. It's funny, it has been less than three weeks since I was last at work, but it feels like it has been a year. It's going to be weird...

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYY!!! Congratulations. Talk about fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME all around!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news all around!!! So happy you're finally getting some good news for a change!

    ReplyDelete