Sunday, August 3, 2014

Post Surgery: 3 Weeks + 6 Days

So... tomorrow is the day I've been anticipating since the day I decided to have this surgery - the day when it is okay for me to start trying to walk without crutches! I've still been feeling mild to moderate pain/discomfort in both of my hips, but I'm trying really hard to overcome that, or at least get a point where it is ignorable, because I need, need, NEED to be walking well by next Wednesday. (Okay, so it's really more like want, want, WANT, but still.) The other day at PT, my therapist was telling me not to worry, and said, 'You'll be fine. You might have to bring one crutch with you and use it as needed, but that's not a big deal.' I think I gave him A Look, which caused him to say, 'Oh. Would you rather not have to do that?' Yeah. I'd really rather not. It's sort of a big deal to me.

I know that my body is going to set its own schedule for recovery, and I am at the mercy of my traumatized nerves and muscles and tendons, but I have yet to read a study that showed that positive thinking ever hurt a person's recovery. So I am thinking positive, positive, and more positive thoughts. I know I can do this.

Anyway, I thought that since I'm going to start the process of saying goodbye to my crutches, I should say something nice to them, so here it is: http://39andhip.blogspot.com/p/a-tribute-to-crutches.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment