Friday, August 22, 2014

Post Surgery: 6 Weeks + 4 Days / 3 Days UIRTW

Not a whole lot to say today except that my left hip is excessively sore today. Aaaagh! Also, I had a department meeting and I could not sit through the whole thing. I can normally sit okay, but I guess that I was trying not be too fidgety. I must move around a lot when I'm just sitting by myself, because after about an hour of trying to sit still at the meeting, my hips were throbbing, and I had to stand up. Fortunately, almost everyone knows about my situation by now, so I don't think I came across as too psycho. However, the good news is that I managed to walk all the way up to my office from the parking lot unaided. I'm ditching all walking aids in preparation for the upcoming semester, plus I had to carry a bunch of stuff so I needed both arms.

In other news, tonight was my son's birthday, so we had a little celebration with family. This meant shopping and cooking after a painful five hours at work. (After the meeting set off my throbbing, I just couldn't get comfortable.) However, I was pleasantly surprised by how well I held up after grocery shopping and then cooking for a few hours. I'm really sore tonight, but considering how much I did today I don't feel too bad. With that said, I am off to ice and heat and embark on my nightly self-designed PT regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment