Friday, July 25, 2014

Post Surgery: 1 Week + 6 Days

The highlight of the day was making the following discovery about the crutch bag that I ordered from crutcheze.com:

(Ohhhh, this changes everything! :))

Other than that, today was uneventful. It was hot, so we took the kids to the pool. I can't get into the pool, but I wanted to go just to hang out. As I mentioned earlier, I sort of miss the kids, especially my two-year-old. It has been hard to having him in daycare all day every day for the past few weeks. Unfortunately the pool was FREEZING, and even my son, who normally doesn't seem to notice things related to temperature, was cold. I was actually pretty comfy just sitting by the side of the pool with my legs in the water. Nevertheless, it seemed stupid to be at the pool with my daughter just lying by the side of the pool complaining how cold she was, so we ended up going back home and hanging out there.

Probably the biggest news of the day is that I decided that I'm done sleeping downstairs. I can now get up and down the stairs much better, and sleeping is going better than it was. Plus, it is sort of lonely downstairs with everyone else upstairs. The fact that I have had fierce insomnia has been keeping me from moving back into my bed, partly because I'm afraid I'll keep my husband awake and partly because I'm afraid he'll keep me awake. On the other hand, I've also gotten into a really unhealthy sleep cycle by sleeping separately because I've been staying up way too late. Normally I feel some sense of obligation to turn the light out if my husband is trying to sleep, but without him, I stay up forever. Also, knowing that I have plenty of down time during the day to take naps doesn't motivate me to get to bed at a decent hour, but that habit needs to stop because summer is winding down and before you know it, I'll be back to normal, and 'recovering from surgery' will no longer be a valid excuse for lying around all day. So moving back upstairs is my attempt to start easing back into normal, and part of that is re-establishing a normal bed time.

In hip news, my left hip is still hurting quite a bit, and I iced the hell out of it today. I'm going to talk to my PT about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment