Friday, July 25, 2014

Post Surgery: 2 Weeks + 3 Days

Highlights:
  • That muscle relaxant I took seems to have done away with the pain in my leg.
  • So far, anyway.
  • Fingers crossed!
  • It was a super tiring day! My husband had to work early so I had to take my son to daycare. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was being soooo difficult that I didn't drop him off until 10:00. I had to leave him upstairs in the midst of his hissy fit because he was flipping out because I would not put his poopy diaper back on him nor let him take it out of the trash. I told him to come downstairs when he calmed down, but unfortunately, he never did. And I did not have it in me to go back upstairs. So I sent my daughter up. She eventually managed to get him downstairs where he semi pretended to eat breakfast between irrational temper tantrums about anything and everything. I hate to say it, but boy was I happy to get rid of him.
  • My daughter was happy to have me to herself, so we played games all morning, then I made her practice piano before her afternoon lesson. There is one song that I just hate that she can't seem to get past; she calls it the Boogie Woogie Stupid Song and I agree so much I can't even tell her not to use the word stupid. I told her I was sick of hearing it and that she needed to practice it so she could move on after today's lesson and never have to play it again. (Fortunately, she did.)
  • After her piano lesson, I took her out to my mother-in-law's and then went to PT.
  • I did a ton of stuff in PT today, and my leg feels absolutely fine.
  • So far, anyway.
  • Fingers crossed!
  • I had a pretty good session with my therapist. He's growing on me. I told him the story of my adventures with pharmaceuticals and he seemed slightly amused. There may be a real person inside the shell after all. 
  • He asked me how my appointment with the doctor had gone, which surprised me because I hadn't told him I had the appointment.
  • The rest of the conversation went something like this. Him: 'Did you ask him about your left hip?' Me: 'Yes.' Him: 'What did he say?' Me: 'Not a whole lot. He said 10-15% of people have bilaterally tears, so it's possible I do, too.' Him: 'Did you ask him about the pain in your leg?' Me: 'Yes.' Him: 'What did he say?' Me: 'Not a whole lot. He really doesn't know what it is.' Him: 'What did he say about your progress so far?' Pause. 'Let me guess, not a whole lot.' LOL. Then he mentioned that when he had talked to the doctor, they both agreed that I was doing well.
  • The absolute best part of PT today was when the therapist took something that was basically like a rolling pin and rolled it all along my thigh to try to work some of the tightness out. Amazing. In that semi-masochistic way. 
  • After PT, I picked my son up at daycare and managed to avoid any major meltdowns. I swear, he used to be the Sweetest Boy Ever, so I'm not sure if this recent bout of Bad Behavior is just a new I'm almost three phase or if it's because of this surgery ordeal and being in daycare and things being different, or some combination of everything.
  • My husband had to work tonight, so I had to do dinner and baths and bedtime and then I took a shower and now I'm exhausted. 
  • But the pain in my leg has not returned.
  • So far, anyway.
  • Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment